Plastic Surgery in Turkey
Plastic surgery in Turkey is popular due to its high-quality medical care, affordable costs, skilled surgeons, and attractive packages. Patients can expect a smooth recovery, experienced staff, and the opportunity to combine surgery with a vacation.
Safety and reliability when choosing a doctor
Certified doctors and clinics for Plastic Surgery
All doctors and clinics certified by myBody are proven specialists in aesthetic plastic surgery and have demonstrably the necessary expertise. Patients can rely on their competence and experience.
Turkey is known for its highly skilled and experienced plastic surgeons who have often received training and education from reputable institutions. Many Turkish plastic surgeons specialize in cosmetic procedures like and have a wealth of experience in performing such surgeries.
Plastic surgery in Turkey may be more cost-effective compared to some other countries. The lower costs can be attributed to factors such as the local economy and the exchange rate, making it an attractive option for individuals seeking affordable cosmetic procedures without compromising quality.
Medical tourism infrastructure
Turkey has developed a robust medical tourism industry and has become a popular destination for individuals seeking cosmetic surgeries. The country offers a range of services to cater to international patients, including assistance with travel arrangements, accommodation, and translation services.
Privacy and confidentiality
Turkey is a country rich in culture, history, and natural beauty. Choosing a Turkish clinic for Plastic surgery allows patients to combine their medical trip with a chance to explore popular tourist destinations and enjoy a unique travel experience.
Safety and reliability when choosing a doctor
Let’s Get In Touch
Client Favourite Price Packages
Who is Eligible for Plastic Surgery?
Eligibility for plastic surgery depends on various factors and is determined on a case-by-case basis by a qualified plastic surgeon. While many people can undergo plastic surgery safely, there are certain considerations and criteria that surgeons typically assess to determine eligibility. Some general guidelines include:
- Good Overall Health: Candidates should be in good general health and free from any serious medical conditions that could increase the risks associated with surgery and anesthesia.
- Realistic Expectations: Patients should have realistic expectations about the outcomes of the procedure. Plastic surgery can enhance appearance, but it may not address deeper emotional or psychological issues.
- Stable Mental Health: Candidates should have stable mental and emotional health. Undergoing plastic surgery should not be motivated by external pressures or unrealistic body image concerns.
- Age: Many plastic surgery procedures are suitable for adults. However, some procedures may have age restrictions, and certain surgeries may be more appropriate for older patients.
- Non-smokers: Smoking can significantly impair the healing process, so surgeons generally prefer candidates who do not smoke or are willing to quit smoking before and after the surgery.
- No Contradictory Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions or medications may make plastic surgery risky or undesirable. The surgeon will evaluate the individual’s medical history to ensure they are not contraindicated for the procedure.
- Commitment to Aftercare: Plastic surgery requires proper post-operative care and follow-up visits. Eligible candidates should be willing to adhere to their surgeon’s post-operative instructions and attend all necessary appointments.
- Understanding of Risks: Candidates should understand the potential risks and complications associated with the procedure and be willing to accept them.
- Specific Procedure Requirements: Different plastic surgery procedures have their own eligibility criteria based on the patient’s anatomy, specific goals, and medical history.
Who is Not Suitable for Plastic Surgery?
There are certain individuals who may not be suitable candidates for plastic surgery due to various factors that can increase the risks associated with the procedure. Some reasons why someone may not be suitable for plastic surgery include:
- Poor Overall Health: Individuals with significant medical conditions, such as heart disease, uncontrolled diabetes, or immune system disorders, may not be suitable candidates for surgery due to the increased risk of complications.
- Unrealistic Expectations: Patients with unrealistic expectations or those seeking surgery to achieve an unattainable or extreme appearance may not be suitable candidates. Plastic surgery can enhance one’s appearance, but it is not a solution for deeper psychological or emotional issues.
- Unstable Mental Health: Candidates with unstable mental health, including untreated or severe psychological conditions, may not be suitable for surgery. Plastic surgery decisions should not be made impulsively or as a response to emotional distress.
- Active Substance Abuse: Individuals who are actively abusing drugs or alcohol may not be eligible for surgery, as substance abuse can hinder the healing process and increase the risk of complications.
- Smokers: Smoking can impair the body’s ability to heal and increase the risk of surgical complications. Surgeons typically advise patients to quit smoking well in advance of surgery.
- Certain Medical Conditions or Medications: Specific medical conditions or medications may increase the risks associated with surgery or affect the healing process. Patients with conditions such as clotting disorders or those taking medications that interfere with anesthesia may not be suitable candidates.
- Pregnancy or Nursing: Women who are pregnant or currently breastfeeding are generally advised to postpone elective plastic surgery until after they have finished breastfeeding.
- Age Considerations: While age alone is not a sole determinant of eligibility, certain plastic surgery procedures may have age restrictions or may be more appropriate for older or younger patients.
- Financial Constraints: Plastic surgery can be expensive, and candidates should be financially prepared for the procedure and associated costs.
How is Plastic Surgery is Performed?
Plastic surgery, or abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure that is typically performed in the following steps:
When deciding if Plastic Surgery is right for you, consider the following:
Plastic surgery can involve a wide range of procedures, and the level of pain experienced can vary depending on the specific surgery and the individual’s pain tolerance. Some plastic surgeries are minimally invasive and cause little discomfort, while others are more extensive and may result in significant post-operative pain.
During the surgery itself, patients are typically under anesthesia, so they won’t feel pain while the procedure is being performed. After the surgery, there will be some level of discomfort and pain during the recovery period. The extent of pain can also depend on factors such as the type of surgery, the patient’s overall health, and the surgeon’s skill and technique.
In general, pain and discomfort are expected after plastic surgery, but most surgeons will provide pain management strategies to help minimize the discomfort during the recovery period. These may include prescribed pain medications, ice packs, elevation of the affected area, and following the surgeon’s post-operative care instructions.
It’s essential to discuss potential pain and recovery expectations with your plastic surgeon before undergoing any procedure, so you have a clear understanding of what to expect. Additionally, be sure to follow all post-operative care instructions carefully to promote proper healing and reduce the risk of complications.
Yes, in most cases, there will be some degree of scarring after plastic surgery. Whenever the skin is incised or altered during a surgical procedure, the body’s natural response is to form scar tissue as part of the healing process. The appearance of the scar can vary depending on various factors, including the type of surgery, the surgeon’s skill, the individual’s genetics, and how well the patient follows post-operative care instructions.
Plastic surgeons are trained to minimize scarring and make incisions in inconspicuous locations whenever possible to help reduce the visibility of scars. For example, in procedures like facelifts or breast augmentation, incisions may be made in areas that can be easily hidden by clothing or natural skin creases.
Additionally, advancements in surgical techniques and technology, such as using smaller incisions or dissolvable sutures, can also help to reduce scarring.
While it’s not always possible to completely eliminate scarring, the appearance of scars can fade over time. Proper wound care, avoiding sun exposure, and using scar creams or treatments recommended by your surgeon can aid in the healing process and minimize the visibility of scars.
It’s essential to have a thorough discussion with your plastic surgeon before undergoing any procedure to understand the potential for scarring and to set realistic expectations regarding the outcome of the surgery.
Why Choose Turkish Clinics for Plastic Surgery?
Experienced surgeons: Turkey is known for its highly skilled and experienced plastic surgeons who have often received training and education from reputable institutions. Many Turkish plastic surgeons specialize in cosmetic procedures like plastic surgery and have a wealth of experience in performing such surgeries.
Dr HE Aesthetic Clinic
Recovery After Plastic Surgery in Turkey
Recovery after plastic surgery in Turkey is similar to the recovery process after plastic surgery in other countries. However, the specific recovery timeline and instructions will depend on the type of plastic surgery procedure performed. Here are some general guidelines for the recovery period after plastic surgery in Turkey:
- Hospital Stay: Depending on the complexity of the surgery, patients may need to stay in the hospital for a day or more for observation and initial post-operative care.
- Pain Management: Plastic surgery can cause discomfort and pain during the early stages of recovery. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medications to manage the pain and make you more comfortable.
- Swelling and Bruising: Swelling and bruising are common after plastic surgery and can vary depending on the procedure. Elevating the affected area and using cold compresses can help reduce swelling.
- Compression Garments: In many cases, patients are advised to wear compression garments to support the healing tissues, reduce swelling, and improve overall results.
- Rest and Limit Physical Activity: Adequate rest is crucial for proper healing. Avoid strenuous activities, heavy lifting, and exercise as instructed by your surgeon.
- Wound Care: Proper wound care is essential to prevent infection and promote healing. Follow your surgeon’s instructions on how to care for incisions and when to remove dressings.
- Scar Care: If the procedure involves incisions, your surgeon will provide guidance on scar care, including the use of creams or ointments and scar massage techniques to help minimize scarring over time.
- Follow-up Visits: Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with your plastic surgeon in Turkey. These visits are crucial for monitoring your progress, addressing any concerns, and removing sutures or drains if necessary.
- Dietary Considerations: Follow any dietary guidelines provided by your surgeon to promote healing and maintain overall health during the recovery period.
- Travel Considerations: If you traveled to Turkey for the surgery, plan to stay in the country for the duration of your initial recovery period before considering flying back home. This will ensure you have adequate time for follow-up visits and any necessary care.
- Language Considerations: If you are not fluent in Turkish, ensure that you have a way to communicate effectively with your medical team, especially during post-operative care and follow-up visits.
Before and After Photos
Submit your request for access to before and after photos to see actual patient results from our many cosmetic procedures and treatments at Dr. HE Clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions About Plastic Surgery
I apologize for any confusion, but as an AI language model, I don’t have personal experiences, preferences, or the ability to choose anything, including a location for plastic surgery. However, I can provide you with some general information about why Turkey has become a popular destination for medical tourism, including plastic surgery.
- Competitive Costs: Turkey offers relatively lower costs for plastic surgery compared to many other countries, particularly in Europe and North America. This cost advantage has attracted individuals seeking affordable cosmetic procedures.
- Quality Healthcare Facilities: Turkey has made significant investments in healthcare infrastructure and facilities. Many private hospitals and clinics in major cities have modern equipment, state-of-the-art technology, and highly qualified medical professionals who specialize in various cosmetic procedures.
- Experienced Surgeons: Turkish plastic surgeons are renowned for their expertise and skills. Many of them have received education and training both domestically and internationally. It’s important to research and choose a reputable surgeon with a proven track record for the specific procedure you are considering.
- Comprehensive Services: In addition to the surgery itself, Turkey often provides comprehensive packages that include accommodation, transportation, and post-operative care. This can make the process more convenient and attractive to individuals traveling from abroad.
- Privacy and Anonymity: Some individuals prefer undergoing plastic surgery in a location where they can maintain their privacy and anonymity. Choosing to have a procedure done in a foreign country can provide a level of privacy that may be appealing to certain individuals.
The cost of plastic surgery in Turkey can vary depending on several factors, including the type of procedure, the complexity of the surgery, the surgeon’s experience, the clinic or hospital chosen, and the location within Turkey. Here are some approximate price ranges for common plastic surgery procedures in Turkey:
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job): Prices can range from $2,000 to $5,000.
- Breast Augmentation: Prices typically range from $2,500 to $5,000.
- Liposuction: Prices can range from $1,500 to $4,000, depending on the targeted areas and the amount of fat to be removed.
- Tummy Tuck: Prices usually range from $2,500 to $5,000.
- Facelift: Prices can range from $2,000 to $6,000.
Please note that these are approximate price ranges and can vary significantly depending on the factors mentioned earlier. It’s important to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon in Turkey to get an accurate assessment of the cost for your specific procedure.
Additionally, as mentioned before, be cautious when choosing a clinic or surgeon based solely on price. Quality, safety, and the surgeon’s experience should be the primary factors in your decision-making process. It’s advisable to research and choose a reputable surgeon and facility, even if the cost may be slightly higher, to ensure your safety and the quality of the procedure.
Turkey is home to several reputable hospitals and clinics that specialize in plastic surgery. While it’s challenging to determine the single “best” hospital as it can depend on individual preferences and specific procedures, here are some well-known hospitals in Turkey with a strong reputation for plastic surgery:
İstanbul Obezite Cerrahisi, DR Hasan Erdem, Letsmedi, DRHE Clinic
When considering a hospital or clinic for plastic surgery, it’s essential to research their reputation, credentials of the surgeons, patient reviews, facility accreditation, and the range of services they offer. It’s also advisable to consult with multiple surgeons to discuss your goals and expectations, and to choose a surgeon and facility that you feel comfortable with and confident in their expertise.
Choosing the best plastic surgeon in Turkey requires careful consideration and research. Here are some key factors to consider when selecting a plastic surgeon:
- Qualifications and Experience: Look for a plastic surgeon who is board-certified and has extensive experience in performing the specific procedure you are considering. Check their educational background, training, certifications, and any specialized training they have received in the field of plastic surgery.
- Reputation and Reviews: Research the surgeon’s reputation and read reviews from their previous patients. Look for testimonials or reviews on reputable websites or forums dedicated to plastic surgery. Pay attention to the overall satisfaction of patients and their experiences with the surgeon.
- Portfolio of Before and After Photos: Ask the surgeon to provide you with a portfolio of before and after photos of their previous patients. This will give you an idea of their skills, aesthetic approach, and the results they have achieved. Ensure that the photos are from real patients and not stock images.
- Personal Consultation: Schedule a personal consultation with the surgeon before making a decision. This will allow you to discuss your goals, ask questions, and evaluate their communication skills, professionalism, and the level of comfort you feel with them. During the consultation, pay attention to how well the surgeon listens to your concerns and their ability to explain the procedure and potential risks.
- Hospital Affiliations and Facilities: Consider the hospital or clinic where the surgeon practices. Look for reputable institutions that have modern facilities, advanced technology, and a focus on patient safety and care.
- Patient Safety and Accreditation: Ensure that the surgeon operates in an accredited facility and follows strict safety protocols. Accredited hospitals or clinics adhere to specific standards of care, which can provide you with added assurance of safety and quality.
- Communication and Follow-up Care: Evaluate how responsive and attentive the surgeon and their team are to your inquiries and concerns. Good communication and accessible follow-up care are essential for a smooth and successful plastic surgery journey.
- Second Opinions: It can be beneficial to seek a second opinion from another qualified plastic surgeon to ensure that you are making an informed decision. This can provide additional perspectives and help you choose the surgeon who best aligns with your needs and expectations.