What is Gastric Balloon?
A gastric balloon is a non-surgical, temporary weight loss device placed in the stomach to promote fullness. It’s typically used for six to twelve months to aid in weight reduction by limiting food intake.
Gastric Balloon Steps
1- Anesthesia: You’ll likely receive mild sedation or general anesthesia to ensure comfort and relaxation during the procedure.
2- Endoscope insertion: Your doctor will insert a thin, flexible tube called an endoscope through your mouth and down your esophagus into your stomach.
3- Balloon placement: The deflated balloon is attached to a catheter and carefully guided through the endoscope into your stomach.
4- Balloon inflation: Once positioned correctly, the balloon is inflated with sterile saline solution using a syringe attached to the catheter.
Catheter removal: The catheter is then carefully removed, leaving the filled balloon in your stomach.
5- X-ray confirmation: An X-ray might be taken to ensure the balloon is properly positioned and functioning correctly.
Types of Gastric Balloon
Orbera Balloon: Made of silicone material. Filled with sterile saline solution to a volume of 500-700ml. Remains in the stomach for 6 months. Known for its effectiveness and long placement duration.
Medsil Balloon: Composed of several small, swallowable balloons (3-4). Each balloon holds 250ml of gas (nitrous oxide or carbon dioxide). Placed endoscopically after deflating. Remains in the stomach for 6 months. Offers a less invasive placement method.
Spatz-3 Balloon: Made of silicone and features an adjustable filling mechanism. Filled with saline solution with a volume range of 150-550ml. Adjusted via a port connected to a catheter after placement. Remains in the stomach for 12 months.
Elipse (Allurion) Balloon: Made of a proprietary hydrogel material. Swallowed in a capsule form and expands naturally in the stomach with gastric fluids. Reaches a volume of 550ml. Remains in the stomach for 4 months.
Recovery After Gastric Balloon
First few days:
- Continue with the prescribed liquid diet and gradually introduce soft foods based on your tolerance.
- Pay attention to your body’s signals and rest when needed.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding pain medication and other medications.
First few weeks:
- Transition to a regular, healthy diet, focusing on smaller, frequent meals.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Avoid sugary drinks, processed foods, and large portions.
- Start incorporating gentle physical activity as tolerated, gradually increasing intensity and duration.
- Have regular appointments with your doctor to monitor your progress, adjust your diet and exercise plan if needed, and address any concerns.
- You may need to take vitamin and mineral supplements to ensure proper nutrient intake.
- Maintain healthy lifestyle habits like regular physical activity and mindful eating for sustained weight loss and overall health improvement.
Gastric Balloon Turkey Cost 2024
The cost of a gastric balloon procedure in Turkey in 2024 varies, with prices generally ranging from approximately $2,000 to $5,500 USD.
The price can differ based on various factors such as the type of gastric balloon used (for example, the Spatz3 or Elipse Allurion brands), the clinic or hospital’s reputation, the surgeon’s experience, and the comprehensive nature of the service package, which may include pre- and post-operative care, accommodation, and transfers.
|Average Obesity Treatment Cost
|$2,000 – $5,500 or more
|$7,000 – $12,000 or more
|$7,000 – $12,000 or more
|£6,000 – £8,000 or more
|AUD 7,000 – AUD 15,000 or more
|€6,000 – €10,000 or more
|€6,000 – €10,000 or more
Why does Gastric Balloon Cost in Turkey Cheap?
- Economic Factors: The cost of living and operational costs in Turkey are generally lower than in many Western countries. This economic difference allows for lower prices for various services, including medical procedures.
Currency Exchange Rates: For many international patients, especially those from countries with stronger currencies, the exchange rate can make medical procedures in Turkey more affordable.
Gastric Balloon Before and After Photos
Submit your request for access to before and after photos to see actual patient results from our many cosmetic procedures and treatments at Dr. HE Clinic.
Is it Safe To Have A Gastric Balloon in Turkey?
- Lower Cost: Turkey offers significantly lower costs compared to many developed countries.
- Expertise: Many Turkish clinics boast experienced surgeons and modern facilities.
- Accessibility: Turkey is a popular medical tourism destination with convenient travel options.
Let’s Get In Touch
Frequently Asked Questions About Gastric Balloon
Health insurance coverage for gastric balloon surgery varies by plan and country. Often considered elective, this procedure may not be routinely covered, but coverage can depend on medical necessity and specific policy details. It’s best to check directly with your insurance provider for accurate information.
Gastric balloon placement is a relatively quick procedure, typically taking about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. It is usually performed as an outpatient procedure, allowing patients to go home the same day.