What Is Ellipse Balloon?
It is also called an ingestible stomach balloon or stomach balloon pill. Just like other stomach balloons, it has properties that reduce the volume of the stomach, provide a feeling of satiety for longer with small portions, and slow down the passage of food from the stomach to the intestines. It can be easily applied to any patient with a body mass index of 27 and above.
The differences of the Ellipse balloon from other stomach balloons are as follows;
- It does not need endoscopy to be inserted.
- It can be easily swallowed with water.
- It also does not need removal.
- It has an average lifespan of 4 months and is spontaneously removed from the digestive system at the end of this period.
The advantages offered by the Ellipse stomach balloon are like other types of stomach balloons. For example;
- Ameliyatsız zayıflama imkanı sunar.
- Sağlıklı – dengeli beslenme alışkanlıkları edinmeye yardımcı olur.
- Obezitenin ilerlemesinin engellenmesine, durdurulmasına, yok edilmesine destek olur.
- Sindirim sistemi tarafından atılana dek olumlu faydaları devam eder.
- Elipse mide balonu kaldığı sürece, hasta da önerilen diyet ve egzersiz programlarına devam ettiği sürece ortalama 20 kilo kaybı yaşanır. Hastanın daha fazla çabalamasıyla bu oran daha da arttırılabilir.
How is Ellipse balloon performed?
Developed in ingestible form, the balloon is swallowed with the help of water. The catheter filling chamber connected to the stomach balloon, which is in the form of capsules, is of a size that can be easily swallowed with water. Then an X-ray of the capsule’s position in the stomach is taken through an Abdominal X-Ray performed by the doctor. After this stage, where the position of the capsule in the stomach is checked, the stomach balloon is inflated by the doctor, if appropriate. The catheter attached to the capsule swallowed with water is slowly pulled out of the mouth canal after inflating the stomach balloon.
In this way, the application of an ellipse stomach balloon does not exceed a total of 20 minutes. Endoscopy is not required during the procedure. At the same time, sedation or anesthetic drugs are not given to the patient. It is often preferred by individuals who are afraid of surgery, who are undesirable to take anesthetic drugs, or who are sensitive to anesthetic drugs. Ellipse balloons, like other balloons, do not show complications and side effects. In other types of stomach balloons, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain can continue for up to 3 days, while in the Ellipse balloon, this rate passes in much less time and much lighter. Even in many patients, none of these side effects are observed. The only side effect that can be seen is irritation and irritation of the throat caused by irritation in the pharynx tube that can occur for a day. The Ellipse balloon can be inflated up to 550 ml and this ratio is very effective in providing a feeling of satiety.